Monday, April 20, 2015

color journal II :: a few blocks into April

 Green is here. The Redbuds and Virginia bluebells are showing off their pink and purplish blue buds.



A favorite green from our garden right now - the emerging lady's mantle leaves. Just fuzzy enough to catch dewdrops and rain.

These are the blocks I have so far - a seasonal gradation.

I finished the binding on the first color journal quilt this weekend and it has been through the wash. I will try and photograph it a bit better at some point. I was thinking as I looked at the April blocks I just made that the green and purple color combinations are a favorite, on the first quilt and also the new blocks. Noting that here to remember.

1 comment:

  1. you have such a good eye for the subtle rhythms of the seasons

    ReplyDelete