Monday, April 13, 2015

color journal II :: yellow in April

The forsythia just off our front porch is in full bloom.

 The daffodils are going all out too.








I have been busy indoors with some serious spring cleaning. Hoping to wrap it up soon and get back to more stitching as there are so many unfinished projects being unearthed as I tidy.

I have managed to find time to paint one fabric block a day along with The 100 Day Project (began April 6) and have been posting these over at my Instagram page. It's been great fun and I hope to say a bit more about that soon.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, forsythia! I had forgotten how much I loved seeing it bloom when we lived on the East Coast. And the rose-sprigged cloth brings even more memories. Thank you for this beautiful reminder of another time and place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO yellow. I always forget how bright it will be.

      Delete
  2. Lovely mix of fabric. Sunny Spring yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah your sense of colour and line and beautifully accomplished stitching is like a breath of fresh spring air to my jaded autumn sensibilities Susan & love your progress with the painted quilt over on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mo! Thank you and so strange our seasons can be opposite.

      Delete