Monday, May 2, 2016

Thread of Days into May









I started working on this post when the title would have been "...into April" and then lost my hold on that whole month.

Many bicycle related things going on: My husband and I have become more involved in our boys' bike team and really enjoying meeting new friends with a passion for being outdoors and nurturing a lifetime love of bike riding. We have spent some time nursing our 12 year old's broken collarbone, also bike related. In his new place on the sidelines, he has become a contributing member to many conversations and I have learned so much about him by just listening. But, one boy a bit broken and slowing down seems to have resulted in our other boy just going faster and faster. Oh. My. 
It's a very busy time, and my absolute favorite season. I can't get enough of all the green and being completely worn out from digging in dirt all day is really the best kind of tired. End of the year school activities are near, summer trips and visitors inching closer, and the garden growing faster than we can keep up with. These threads of days continue into green.Thanks so much to all who are still following along here, despite all my gaps in communication.








5 comments:

  1. your exquisite sense of line & space

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this stitching of days Susan--how a year might unfurl from captured moments. And that broken branch--ouch! Being tenderly mended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be interesting to see that broken branch fade away into the bigger picture as I keep going. He will heal and on we go.

      Delete
  3. you sure do get a lot done! love this season too, we have had several glorious days over here and life is spent outdoors....the cloth piece is beautiful, I love the contrasting detailed stitching

    ReplyDelete