Friday, July 14, 2017

State of Flux



Meet State of Flux, completed in April. Inspired (among other things) by discoveries of ambiguous creatures whose life cycles may metamorphose into something that could consume every leaf off of the tender plants I have so carefully planted and nurtured, or...be the awkward beginning of something beneficial and beautiful. Inherent or instinctive behaviors can be very hard to identify by outward appearances.

Making something 3-dimensional was challenging and inspiring. I look forward to working on something like this again and applying what I learned this time around.

State of Flux is currently at the Indianapolis Art Center as part of the Curio Cabinet Exhibition until August 5. I found the theme behind Curio Cabinet so inspiring -  "examining the role of art in inspiring curiosity, mystery, intrigue and wonder".

6 comments:

  1. it's beauty FULL, this creature, and how wonderfull...the Curio Cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! and thank you, Grace. I really do love the Curio Cabinet theme. I come from a long line of curio cabinet enthusiasts, mine just happens to be a window sill.

      Delete
  2. so beautiful and enjoying seeing your fine sense of line and form moving into 3D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mo. Lots of new to me and interesting things to think about going in that direction.

      Delete
  3. absolutely love and adore this

    (have also been making pillows, not that I'm comparing as such, but I sense the same need for new dimensions in the work)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Saskia. It is a whole other thing to think more three-dimensionally. I like the challenge of it.

      Delete