Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bluebird Visitors


Today it is rainy and chilly - but for nearly every day last week I opened the windows in the afternoon. It was wonderful to sit by an open window to work and be near the curtains moving while the house breathed in and out. The weather has been strangely warm for awhile and we have been spending much of our free time outside. 


I had been working towards a stable way of hanging something small without altering or interfering with the cloth. It had been in my head for awhile and a deadline has helped me finally get that all figured out.


We had bluebirds on our feeder two weeks ago - on my son's 8th birthday. It is the first time we have ever seen them here right near our house. My grandma always sent wishes for happiness on cards and stationery with bluebird illustrations - so they are a favorite of mine. A lot of the time it seems to me they make appearances on special days in special places - when it's most meaningful.



I am moving towards an early spring cleaning of my sewing room. Opening the windows makes me want to move everything around. I am looking forward to seeing what I can find to use in what is next. I am not very organized - so it seems there are always wonderful surprises to be found in what I already have.

6 comments:

  1. how sweetly your little blue bird will sing to you while you are "cleaning"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henrietta! Just visited at your place and noticed you are had the reply to comments and got that figured out on my own blog. Hoping this will make it a bit easier for me to keep up with conversations!

      Thanks for visiting me here!

      Delete
  2. Send some over here! We don't have them, and I love them. And I love your panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eva - thanks! and they are the most amazing blue and coral combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have captured this little bird! I've been reading many of your posts, working backwards, and I love it here :) Thanks for sharing so much goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, Nancy! Your comment inspired me to look back too.

    ReplyDelete