Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Front Porch Piecing

I carried my sewing supplies out to the front porch one evening last week and hand-pieced blue and green triangles. I think I am hooked on hand-piecing for now. I love that I can take it all outside. It is also so much easier for me to get the center points to line up.



I am working on an idea for a larger quilt. Seasonal colors, small doodles and drawings on fabric using a combination of the pinwheel block and card trick layout. I am trying to use some of my painted fabrics - I have a habit of hanging on to them rather than using them.

* Jeana's comment below reminded me I that I forgot to include this photo of what the boys were up to at my feet while I stitched. *

1 comment:

  1. I find hand stitching is much more compatible with the little ones around too, portable and small being able to work in small doses wherever we are. My mom says she did lots of embroidery when my siblings and I were small! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete